Part P Electrical Installation CourseCurrent building regulations state that all electrical installations in domestic dwellings such as houses/flats need to be properly installed, tested and inspected to ensure their safety. By achieving your Part P certificate, you will be able to do all of this without the need to contact the Local Building Authority – saving you a lot of time and money. Our Part P Electrical Installation course will provide you with all the knowledge needed for these tasks and more:
- Installing kitchen lighting or re-wiring houses, flats and apartments
- Rewiring, altering or making electrical additions to extensions and loft conversions
- Electrical work in combined domestic/business premises with a common electrical supply (e.g. pubs or shops)
- Working with outdoor electrical supplies, such as garden lighting, sheds, garages or greenhouses.
Part P Course DetailsYour training will comprise a blend of theory lessons and practical workshops at one of our accredited training centres in England/Wales. Our experienced teaching staff will guide you through the following 8 modules:
- Basic principles
- Legislation & regulations
- Electrical safety
- Installation theory 1
- Installation theory 2
- Installation theory 3
- Installation practical
- Testing & documentation
Is this course right for me?The Part P course is aimed at qualified tradespeople who work with electrical installations as part of their job; however, it does not have any specific entry requirements as such. Examples of previous students who have taken the course include plumbers, builders, kitchen fitters and fire alarm installers, as well as general electricians looking to expand their skills.
If you have any more questions concerning our electrical installation course, please contact the Electrician Academy and we’ll give you any advice you may need.