Looking for plumbing and gas courses? Visit www.plumbingacademy.co.uk
For course information, please call 0800 345 7492

Save this webpage for later:

Email the link
Copy the link
Contact Us for Course Information & Advice
Or call us now for free:0800 345 7492Privacy policy: Your details are held in strict confidence & never shared with 3rd parties.
City & Guilds accredited training coursesNIC, Bpec approved training centre
Access Training (Wales) Limited

Domestic Electrical Course

Our all-inclusive Domestic Electrical Installation course teaches students of all backgrounds the essential skills and theory needed to become a domestic electrician. This includes working on lighting, power sockets, cooker circuits and fuse boards, plus the importance of using an electrical test meter.

What makes our domestic electrical installer course stand out from the rest? We not only teach you how the work should be carried out, we teach you why it is important to do these things the way we teach them. Existing electricians who train with us may be surprised at the mistakes they have subliminally made over the years!

Our accredited training centres are dotted across the UK, and they are easily accessible from most parts of the country. Here you’ll learn the skills required to gain your Part P, 17th Edition and Building Regulations qualifications – essential for becoming an electrical installer, and proof of your ability to safely and effectively install electrical appliances and equipment.

Domestic Electrician Training – Course Details:

While theory learning is important for budding electricians, it is no substitute for practical teaching, and this is why we strive to provide students with as much workshop training as possible. A total of 70% of the course time is dedicated to practical training, while the remaining 30% comprises classroom theory study.

The domestic electrical installer course can be taken as individual modules or back-to-back, training you to the standard of a General Domestic Installer in a timeframe that suits you. All equipment and tools are provided.

Our Domestic Electrical Installation course is made up of the following modules:

Part P Building Regulations & Foundation Electrical Training

This course assumes each and every student has little to no existing electrical knowledge, and so the best place to start is the essential Part P qualification. Through a blend of theory and practical training, you’ll cover all the criteria needed to complete the assessment and find yourself readily qualified and able to join a Competent Person scheme.

17th Edition Wiring Regulations

Knowledge of current wiring regulations is something every employer looks for in a competent electrician, which is why our course includes this vital qualification. By achieving the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations certification, you’ll not only have proof of your understanding but also an excellent foundation for future employment.

Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings

This part of the course will ensure that you understand the requirements of the Building Regulations as they apply to electrical installations in dwellings. This is important if you wish to work on any domestic electrical installations.

Should I Apply?

This is an electrical course that is truly open to everyone. As well as trainee electricians, our domestic electrical installer course is ideal for practising tradespeople who are looking to branch into electrical work, for example:
  • Plumbers
  • Gas Engineers
  • Kitchen Fitters
  • Bathroom Installers
  • DIY Enthusiasts
If you have any other queries, please contact Electrician Academy or arrange a visit to our facilities. You’ll be able to meet our teaching staff properly, and they’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Send an Enquiry >

Electrician Courses